Monday, June 16, 2008

Welcome!

So this is the first post to many upcoming insights into Circle Y. I am the graphic designer, take pictures of saddles and tack, and do all kinds of stuff in between. I am a native born Okie but moved to Texas about 3 years ago with my husband after graduating from Oklahoma State. I love working here and being in the horse industry without mucking a trillion stalls everyday! We do a ton of stuff in the Marketing/Design department and there really is never a dull moment.

I own a 6-year-old Tennessee Walker gelding named Copper. I have had him since he was 10-months-old and despite the long ownership time, he is not as broke as you would think. I just started riding him after a year and a half off because I was pregnant and then the winter was here with those terribly short days. Plus, I had a new little one to take care of and devote all my attention to! But now that summer is here, we are on track to make leaps and bounds in our partnership. He is my trail horse and my goal is for him to be sturdy, reliable, and capable of doing lots of things that a proper trail horse should do.

This past weekend Copper and I went on a local trail ride. We rode with the Marketing and Design Manager here, Amy, and her mare. Amy is a great rider and her horse is a sturdy mount so that was a great companion for Copper. He has been kinda spooky in the past and we have been working on that. To my delight, Copper did great. He had a couple of minor spooks but nothing serious. I was so proud of him!

In addition to my horse having a great learning experience, I had the pleasure of riding a Tucker Trail saddle. We also make this brand which I was unfamiliar with until I started working here. Let me tell you, I am a believer of the Gel-Cush! I have a Flex2 on order but I am riding a Tucker because I sold the saddle I did have. It didn't fit Copper well now that he has matured. It's truly notable how much difference your gear makes in the performance of your horse! But, that's a whole new discussion.

See ya,
Dara

No comments: