Friday, August 15, 2008

My Friend Buddy


My name is Tina and I am the Purchasing Agent at Circle Y Saddles. I feel very blessed to be a part of such a wonderful family. I was one of those late learners that didn't figure out where I was supposed to be in life until I was 43 and came to work for Circle Y. I had to give up my horses 12 years ago when I got my divorce after a lifetime of running barrels and roping.

At the first of the this year, I was diagnosed with colon cancer which, believe me, makes you take stock of your life and put your priorities in order. I received a clean bill of health in July so since then I have been on a quest to find the right horse for me. No, I'm not picky just know exactly what I want in a horse which is a ranch horse to rope off of and cut off of in the pens, then go and run barrels on when I want to, and to be a kid's horse for my granddaughter...
Well, last Friday I found my dream horse. His name is Little Bit of Bud. He is a 2-year-old registered Quarter Horse and has the best attitude. He has far exceeded any expectations I ever had for him. Sunday John, my significant other, saddled him and he did so well he got on him!!! Buddy never even bucked, just did anything John asked of him. John rode him every evening this week and then yesterday we went to the arena to meet "the girls" to ride. It took several tries to back Buddy out of the trailer. He didn't like putting his hind foot all the way down. When he finally backed out he behaved beautifully. I ponied him for a while and he behaved, so John went ahead and got on him. I couldn't believe that he did everything John asked of him. At the end of the evening I got on him myself and walked him around the arena...I was in heaven. It was such a wonderful feeling to know that I finally have my horse. I have never had a colt that was so willing to learn and that has such a good attitude. I hope that everyone gets to go ride and have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: